We are happy to inform you about our recent updates for REDDCRYPT.
In the following we would like to provide you with a quick overview about changes & updates before going into more detail.
At a glance
- Launch of REDDCRYPT Business with central user management and master key.
- Launch of 2-Factor Authentication (2FA), which is also available for free accounts.
- Option to invite friends and business partners to join REDDCRYPT over the web interface
- So far emails were deleted after 30 days. At the request of the numerous users this was deactivated.
- The web interface has been completely redesigned and now features a more modern design.
- At the request of users we have added more explanations and more dialogue to the web app.
- The smartphone app for iOS and Android now supports Touch ID and Face-ID to increase login security.
- Choice of language: So far the system’s language was set as default in all apps – this can now be changed (currently supported: German & English)
Which errors/bugs have been fixed?
- Outlook plugin: checksum mismatch at 0 of 20: The following error message occasionally occurred in the Outlook plugin (see here).
- Outlook plugin: When emails were decrypted the time of decryption was shown. Decrypted mails now show the original date and time of the email.
- Smartphone app: Attachments were shown twice after forwarding.
- Smartphone App: Encoding 1252 data could not be found – Emails encrypted through the Outlook plugin could in some instances not be decrypted in the smartphone app.
The most important changes in detail
Emails are not automatically deleted anymore
Up until now we used to store emails up to 30 days on our servers. In the last couple of months we received weekly emails with feedback that it would be more user-friendly to store emails indefinitely because handling would be similar to traditional webmailers such Gmail or GMX.
We happily accommodated that request and have deactivated automatic deletion with the release 2.0. In this context we would like to point out again that REDDCRYPT is based on zero knowledge technology and even we as platform operators do not have access to your emails (read more about the ‘why and how’ here).
REDDCRYPT Business – the team version with central user management
With REDDCRYPT Business we introduce numerous new features for our business users. The most important functions include:
- central member management
- no single invoices for employees
- deletion of user accounts so that former employees are unable to send company emails after leaving the company
- decryption of emails of former employees with the master key
- resetting user passwords the with master key
The functions of the team version and the new 2FA are presented in the following video (German)