The REDDCRYPT addin crashes upon start. Various exception errors occur.
These may include:
- The system was unable to find the specified file
- Access denied
- The file or assembly “Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook, Version…” or a dependency of it could not be found. The system was unable to find the specified file.
Information regarding error report:
- In most cases the user is missing read-permission for one or more DLL files.
- The required files or files with the wrong access privileges are named in the error report.
- Windows saves the DLL files in a so-called global assembly cache (GAC).
- Depending on your system the GAC is located under “%SystemRoot%\assembly” or “%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\assembly”
Please check whether the DLL files from the error report can be found in the subfolders mentioned above. Office.dll might be found under the following paths (depending on your Office version):
If the file was located, please make sure the current user has the necessary read-permissions for the file.
If the file could not be found in any of the subfolders, the installation of .net, Office or the addin might be broken and requires reinstalling.